Телеграм-чат  
  Черепашки-ниндзя   Вселенная  Второй мультсериал (2003 – 2009, 4Kids)  4-ый сезон (2005-2006)   Серия 13 "Samurai Tourist" [91] [c03s04e13, c03e091]
   22.03.2009, 21:35  
Серия 13 "Samurai Tourist" [91] [c03s04e13, c03e091]
Нажмите на изображение для увеличения
Название: c03s04e13.jpg
Просмотров: 55
Размер:	347,8 Кб
ID:	21617"Samurai Tourist" / "Туристы-самураи"

Автор сценария: Christopher Yost
Премьера: December 3, 2005
Главный продюсер: Lloyd Goldfine
Продюсеры: Gary Richardson, Frederick U. Fierst, Al Kahn, Norman Grossfeld, Thomas Kenney
Режиссер: Roy Burdine
Сценарист: Lloyd Goldfine

Основные персонажи: Donatello (Sam Regal), Leonardo (Michael Sinterniklaas), Michelangelo (Wayne Grayson), Raphael (John Campbell)
Персонажи второго плана: Master Splinter, Casey Jones, Usagi Yojimbo, Gen, Lord Hebi, Kojima the assassin
Местоположения и техника: April's antique shop, Blue Star Hotel, NYC streets and rooftops, Subway platform

Полная версия сюжета на английском языке (под спойлером):

Intro: Usagi narrates as we open in New York City. Gen, the rhinoceros bounty hunter from Usagi's home world, is walking down the street in the middle of the day. Gen attempts to purchase some pretzels from a street vendor who freaks out and runs away. Usagi surmises that he and his companion might not be prepared for all that this city offers.

Act 1: Open in the Turtle Lair. Casey, Mike, Don and Raph watch Leo as he trains vigorously in a blindfold. Everyone is worried about Leo's recent behavior, save for Casey, who thinks it's no big deal. Leonardo throws one of his katanas, piercing three candles before it embeds into Raph's heavy punching bag, draining it of its sand. Raphael goes ballistic, and everyone holds him back from having a violent encounter with Leonardo. Master Splinter orders Raph to calm himself comes in and announces that visitors are arriving. A portal opens, and Usagi Yojimbo and his ally Gen emerge from it. After joyful greetings are exchanged, the Turtles take their friends on a night-time tour of NYC (minus Casey Jones, who went home after he was insulted when Gen called him a "monkey").

Elsewhere, in a darkened alley of the Big Apple, another portal opens and a stout figure emerges. It is Kojima, an assassin from Usagi's world. Kojima opens a scroll and receives a message from Lord Hebi (last seen in Episode #74) who tells the paid killer to painfully destroy Leonardo and all his allies.

Our heroes return to the lair to sleep. In the very early morning, Leo arises to begin his training and met by Usagi. The two spar and the Samurai expresses his concern over Leonardo's state of mind. Usagi shares with Leo that he failed to save his master's life in battle - but he tells the ninja that with their lifestyle fear and failure are par for the course, and the true test is how a warrior handles these challenges. Leo is contemplative when Mikey bursts in and announces that Gen is missing!

On the streets above, Gen is walking boldly down the sidewalk, completely unconcerned with who might see him. A huge man with a pit bull approaches and is terrified by the sight of the anthropomorphic rhino. Undaunted, Gen complements the fellow on his attire. The man and his dog run away in terror.

Usagi and the TMNT head out to search for the gluttonous bounty hunter. Seeing as how it's now daylight, the Turtles decide to call Casey and ask for his assistance since they can't be seen. Usagi asks Mikey how they'll find Gen in such a huge city, and the affable turtle explains that they'll just follow the screams.

On cue, we hear a woman screaming. On the streets below, we see Gen emerge from a store, dressed like the muscle man he encountered. A shocked crowd forms around the visitor, who is confused by all the attention. A police officer arrives and pulls out his gun, ordering Gen to put up his arms.

Act 2: Gen is amused by the police officer and has no intention of surrendering. The cop issues his final warning. Usagi and the TMNT arrive on a nearby rooftop and are not happy to view the scene. Casey Jones arrives on his motorcycle - he's not happy with the situation either. Mike and Raph distract the cop by pretending that a woman is being mugged in a nearby alley, giving Casey time to rescue Gen. Mike and Raph climb the fire escape to join their friends when they are attacked by Kojima.

Act 3: Kojima drops down right in the middle of our heroes and attacks. As Mikey and Raph make it to the top of the building, Kojima tosses three bags at them, which flame up and then explode. A hole opens in the rooftop and the two ninjas fall through. The other-worldly assassin then grabs Don and tosses him into a wall, knocking him senseless. Leo and Usagi attack their foe who mocks their efforts. Usagi warns Leonardo the Kojima is the most talented weapons-master from his world. Leo attacks and the assassin blows some kind of powder into his face, blinding him. Kojima then corners Usagi and prepares to skewer him.

Act 4: Don, Mike and Raph recover and prepare to join the fray. Leonardo screams at the assassin to leave his family and friends alone and then leaps into the air for a final attack. Kojima falls in defeat.

Cut to the Turtle Lair as Gen and Usagi prepare to leave. Gen explains that he will be able to share a rich bounty when they turn Kojima over to the authorities. Usagi tries to give advice to Leo, but the ninja turns away in anger, stating that he will decide for himself how he must behave. Splinter thanks Usagi for visiting and trying to help his son. Usagi and Gen say their goodbyes and depart.

Просмотр ВК:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Скачать (скачивание доступно с torrents и доступен он-лайн просмотр серии ВКонтакте. Ссылки доступны только для зарегистрированных пользователей, если вы еще не зарегистрированы - зарегистрируйтесь)

Последний раз редактировалось Casey; 04.09.2017 в 18:20.
Спасибо за пост (1) от: Klunk
27.07.2010, 13:46
10.10.2011, 18:30
palblog :: Blast from the Past #318: August 3, 2004: comments on Ep. 87 ("Aliens Among Us")first draft, notes on EP. 91 ("Samurai Tourist") premise, and comments on Ep. 92 ("The Ancient One") premise

Subj: notes on EP. 91 premise
Date: Tuesday, August 3, 2004 6:43:20 PM

To: Lloyd Goldfine

Lloyd,

Here are my notes on Ep. 91 premise

1.) Re: the following:

"Usagi and Gen come to NYC for a visit."

Nothing wrong with this... but I wonder if we might think up something which would invest this story with a little more drama and purpose. For example, what if Usagi and Gen did not come to our world just for fun, but they are actually pursuing someone, some evildoer, from THEIR world who has escaped into ours? This could be a cool way of bringing in more UY characters.
(Of course, I just read the end of this one and saw the bit where Splinter had actually asked Usagi to come... which is also fine, but still...)

2.) Re: the following:

"We’ll do a gag where Gen has tried on some new clothes and he looks suspiciously like RockSteady from the old show."

I laughed out loud.
Actually, if we wanted to play up the "Bebop and Rocksteady" gag, AND wanted to use my idea of Usagi and Gen pursuing a character from their universe, maybe Stan could create a warthog-based villain who could -- once we redress him (he might do this to blend in with our world) and if you squinted at the right angle -- kind of look like Bebop from the old show.

3.) I'm not 100% sure that getting Bishop and Stockman involved in this tale is a good idea, simply because the story is somewhat lighthearted and those guys are really nasty. I wonder if perhaps it should be Hun and the Purple Dragons who encounter Gen... maybe they try to recruit him! He might, in some strange way, fit right in with them (up to a point). And it might make sense that the "Rocksteady" clothes he puts on come from the PD.

4.) This reminder is probably not necessary, but -- Stan Sakai should be copied on all of this. Actually, I'm not sure if he has approved the appearance of Usagi and Gen in this episode -- not that I think he wouldn't, but we should be sure to dot all i's and cross all t's before we go off and do lots of work on it.

-- Pete

Последний раз редактировалось Павел; 02.11.2012 в 22:01. Причина: лишнее
21.10.2011, 06:45
palblog :: August 24, 2004: comments on Ep. 90 first draft, and August 31, 2004: Re: TMNT - 91 1st draft :: 21.10.2011 06:39

Subj: Re: TMNT - 91 1st draft
Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:50:00 PM

Lloyd,

Here are my comments on Ep. 91 first draft, a very fun episode.

"USAGI
The path we walk in life is different for each of us."

There's something odd about the grammar in this line. I would suggest changing it to read as follows:

"USAGI
The paths we walk in life are different for each of us."

"CLOSE ON A LIT CANDLE as it crosses into and out of the frame – the candle is suspended from a swinging rope. As it comes back into frame like a pendulum, a KATANA slices through the frame, cutting the wick and extinguishing the flame."

I like the general idea of this, but I'm wondering how, practically speaking, this can be done. How is the candle oriented -- vertically or horizontally? How is it attached to a swinging rope so that its wick can be sliced off without the rope also being cut? Maybe there is a simple solution to this design problem that I can't see for some reason. Anyway, maybe instead of a rope, the candle could be on a candleholder attached to a pole which is spring-mounted to the floor, so that when released it would bob and weave erratically.
And reading on, I just realized that there are MORE candles on ropes. Hmmm...

3.) Re: the following:

"MICHELANGELO (OC)
I’d be training, too, but, you know… it’s comic book day."

A small change -- but maybe Mike should say:

"MICHELANGELO (OC)
I’d be training, too, but, you know… it’s new comic book day."

4.) Re: the following:

"RAPHAEL
Maybe YOU need your butt kicked too, jarhead."

Because "jarhead" is usually used specifically in reference to a Marine or someone who looks like one (i.e. close-cropped, buzz-cut hair), maybe "bonehead" would be more appropriate here.

5.) Re: the following:

"MICHELANGELO (OC)
I think all of you should just lay off the poor guy… it ain’t easy bein’ Leo."

I think Mike would not use "ain't" or "bein'" here -- they are more Raph-type words -- so his line should read as follows:

MICHELANGELO (OC)
I think all of you should just lay off the poor guy… it's not easy being Leo.

6.) Re: the following:

"LEONARDO
Usagi! I didn’t think anyone would be up so early after last night. Up for some sparring?"

Rather than use "up" twice in such close proximity, perhaps it would be better like this:

"LEONARDO
Usagi! I didn’t think anyone would be awake so early after last night. Up for some sparring?"

7.) Re: the following:

"LEONARDO
Usagi! I didn’t think anyone would be up so early after last night. Up for some sparring?

ON USAGI – he smiles.
USAGI
I am surprised you are able to lift your swords, Leonardo-san… you seem to be carrying such a large weight since last we met.

CLOSE ON LEO, his expression dark.
LEONARDO
Someone has to carry it."

I know what is being attempted here, and it is necessary, but this line of Usagi's is kind of awkward. The connection between the weight of his katanas and the weight of responsibility doesn't really work, to my way of thinking. I would eliminate it, and restructure this scene perhaps as follows:

"LEONARDO
Usagi! I didn’t think anyone would be awake so early after last night.

ON USAGI – he smiles.
USAGI
I wanted to speak with you alone, Leonardo-san. It seems to me that since we last met, you have chosen to shoulder an oppressive burden...

CLOSE ON LEO, his expression dark.
LEONARDO
Someone has to carry it.

ON USAGI – he looks up at Leo, taking in that comment.

LEO
Up for some sparring?

After a moment, Usagi rises and draws his katana."

8.) Re: the following:

"LEONARDO
…and there was nothing I could do. Master Splinter was burned… The Shredder broke Raph’s back… Mikey’s legs… Don’s arm… all I could do was watch."

I'm a little confused. When did the Shredder do all this to the other Turtles? I don't recall this litany of injuries.

9.) Re: the following:

"SPLINTER
We should have explained the dangers of our world to Gennosuke more clearly… He is in grave danger!"

Using the word "danger" twice in one line bugs me, and saying that Gen IS in "grave danger" seems a bit much -- I mean, he COULD be, but why would Splinter think he DEFINITELY is? Maybe it should read as follows:

"SPLINTER
We should have explained the dangers of our world to Gennosuke more clearly… He could find himself in grave peril!"

10.) Maybe Casey should wave a hot dog at Gen to help induce him to get on the motorcycle.

11.) Re: the following:

"ANGLE – CAMERA TRACKS TWO IRON SPIKES/SHURIKEN IN FLIGHT
ON MIKEY – his hands on the rails of the ladder.
MICHELANGELO
Oh, right. Sorry, I-
The iron spikes dig into the brick rooftop, right where the ladder is attached to the brick. Surprised, Mikey looks down at the spikes - and ladder SEPARATES from the wall. Still holding on, Mikey and Raph begin falling back. "

If I'm reading this right, Kojima's spikes/shurikens have just cut away a metal ladder from a brick wall. Does that sound silly to anyone else? Maybe it would be a little more believable if Kojima threw some kind of grappling hook and line and pulled the ladder (perhaps old and rusty already) from the wall.

12.) Re: the following:

"USAGI
Leonardo… Tread carefully. Kojima is a legend on my world… an assassin and weaponsmaster without equal. "

It's a small point, but I think "IN my world" would be better thatn "ON my world".

13.) Re: the following:

"ON LEO – katana in hand, he PUNCHES INTO CAMERA, using the handle of his blade like brass knuckles."

I confess to being baffled as to how Leo can use "the handle of his blade like brass knuckles", as brass knuckles go OUTSIDE the user's fingers/fist, not INSIDE, as the handle of the sword would have to be. Unless I'm missing something.

-- Pete

------------------------------------------------------------

оригинальная запись в блоге

------------------------------------------------------------

All TMNT-related images © Mirage Studios unless otherwise noted. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® is a registered trademark of Mirage Studios; all rights reserved.

Последний раз редактировалось Павел; 06.11.2012 в 12:17. Причина: лишнее
24.10.2011, 18:30
palblog :: Blast from the Past #325: September 7, 2004: comments on Ep. 91 ("Samurai Tourist") second draft and comments on Ep. 94 ("Prodigal Son") outline :: 24.10.2011 18:30

Subj: comments on Ep. 91 ("Samurai Tourist") second draft
Date: Tuesday, September 7, 2004 10:12:52 PM

Lloyd,

Here are my very brief comments on Ep. 91 second draft.

"*CLOSE ON A LIT CANDLE as it crosses into and out of the frame – the candle is suspended from a swinging rope (the rope is tied to the ring handle of an old school candleholder). As it comes back into frame like a pendulum, a KATANA slices through the frame, cutting the wick and extinguishing the flame."

Just to be absolutely clear on how this is going to look -- due to the offset position of the ring handles that the ropes are tied to, these candles will be hanging at an angle, rather than straight up and down, right? Which actually works better for slicing the wicks without slicing the ropes.

"LEONARDO
…and there was nothing I could do. Master Splinter was burned… The Shredder broke Raph’s back… Mikey’s legs… Don’s arm… all I could do was watch."

Because these lines are still in the script, even though I questioned whether or not these injuries actually happened in my last notes, I have to assume that someone has checked and these things DID happen. I guess my memory is failing me -- I remember Splinter being burned (by the Sword of Tengu, right?), but not the other stuff. Can you point me toward the episode(s) in which these things happened?

-- Pete

Последний раз редактировалось Павел; 07.11.2012 в 09:34. Причина: лишнее
02.12.2011, 19:50
palblog :: Blast from the Past #338: October 4, 2004: designs for Ep. 91, October 5, 2004: comment on Ep. 95 second draft, and October 8, 2004: comments on second draft of Ep. 96 and comments on Ep. 9

Subj: designs for Ep. 91
Date: Monday, October 4, 2004 5:59:43 PM

Lloyd,

I got no designs for Ep. 91 via email, but did get a bunch via fax. They all look good, except for "demon Splinter" -- I think his bladed shoulder pads look way too much like the Shredder's, and there's nothing in the script that I can see that would indicate this approach. (With these blades, he also looks a little bit too much like "Dark Splinter" from the "superhero universe" episode.) Perhaps some pretty different-shaped blades would fix this -- maybe even something as simple as straight spikes or straight arrowhead-type blades (anything that is not hooked like the Shredder's blades, I guess).

There were also two designs for Ep. 92 -- Gen in tanktop and Central Park old pumping station -- and these looked good.

-- Pete

Последний раз редактировалось Павел; 10.10.2012 в 16:11. Причина: лишнее
12.12.2013, 10:59
Скажем так: Ген был заделан под Рокстеди, а Куджимо под Бибопа. или наоборот? А вцелом серия достаточно неплоха. Собственно этот "задел" вполне неплохая идея, до этой серии я даже как то не видел небольшую отсылку Гена на Рокстеди.